This service is intended for use by upcoming and current students in full-time programs at VFS. It is designed to allow VFS students to make direct contact with one another to arrange shared accommodation. It is the responsibility of the student to select a suitable roommate and as such VFS does not accept responsibility for listings. For any listing or offer that you consider to be legitimate, please first consider the following:
- Anything that seems too good to be true could be a scam
- Never send money to a destination outside of Vancouver
- Make sure that you have all details of the individual providing the listing: where they work, full name, address, phone number, etc.
- If at all possible, send a friend to physically view the property
- Make sure there is a physical address
- Always ensure that you are going to be able to meet the landlord or manager of the property in person to receive the keys and inspect the apartment together
- When in doubt, err on the side of caution.
When you receive a contract, please read the full text (and the fine print) carefully and be sure you understand it before you sign. VFS is not responsible for terms and conditions imposed by third-party services.