I'm looking for a place - Would prefer to be near my VFS Campus but am okay with up to a 30 minute bus ride
- Needed on:
- February 01, 2019
- $300-950 per month
- I Don't Smoke
- I Don't have a Pet
I am coming from Minnesota, USA. I am a female and am - as of 02/01/19 - two months away from turning 20. This is my first time moving out of my parents home so I'd prefer to live alone but I can live with a roommate if necessary. I am shy at first but once I get comfortable with someone I can talk for hours. I like a variety of movies and music but I can't stand loud noises, so don't worry about my media being too loud. I am allergic to dust and mold (and dogs) so I prefer to keep things on the cleaner side. I also have asthma so I cannot tolerate being around smoking or vaping of any kind. I already know I will have visitors over the course of the school year (I have relatives that live on the west coast) which is another reason why I'd prefer to live alone. Please email me with any questions!
VFS shall bear no liability for any risks associated with transactions that occur through the Roommate Board.
Each user of the Roommate Board bears full responsibility for determining the suitability of other users’ accommodation offers.
Although VFS screens accommodation postings to filter out questionable offers, it is important for students to be alert and take appropriate precautions.
Use caution and vigilance when dealing with prospective landlords as there are many scammers targeting renters in Vancouver. Please read through How to spot a scam for steps you can take to protect yourself before you start contacting prospective landlords or roommates through the Roommate Board.
- Never send money to a location outside of Vancouver
- If possible, you, or a friend, should physically view the property
- Make sure there is a physical address and check it on a map
- Make sure that you have all details of the individual providing the listing: where they work, full name, address, phone number, etc.
- Always ensure that you are going to be able to meet the landlord or manager of the property in person to receive the keys and inspect the apartment together
- Note that SIN, bank account, and credit card number are not required to rent an apartment
- When you receive a contract, please read the full text (and the fine print) carefully and be sure you understand it fully before you sign. VFS is not responsible for terms and conditions imposed by third-party services.
- Follow your instincts. Anything that seems too good to be true, probably is — and may be a scam.
- If you have any doubts or are unsure as to whether a posting is legitimate, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Housing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org