Animation Concept Art
Enter the Digital Art Landscape
The world of art as we know it is evolving, with new technologies emerging and allowing for traditional painting techniques to be mastered in digital form. Get a taste of what students learn in the 12-month Animation Concept Art program at VFS and create a stellar, multi-purpose piece for your portfolio. Whether you’re a seasoned oil painter, a design rookie, a high school student or someone exploring a career change, this workshop will teach you how to design, paint and create your own custom brushes in Photoshop and Wacom Cintiq.
2-day course, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a 1-hour lunch break
151 W. Cordova St.
*Students must confirm they are at least 16 years old at the beginning of the workshop in order to register.
Intro to Animation Concept Art: Digital Painting
Developed by VFS’ team of industry professionals in Animation Concept Art, the Intro to Digital Painting workshop will help you build the skills you need to take your portfolio to the next level. Whether you’re looking to get creative with digital media or take meaningful steps to further post-secondary study in concept art, this workshop is for you. You will learn how to go from concept to creation, and how to communicate your story through digital art.
Learning Outcomes - Participants will:
- Understand the basics of how to combine pen and display using industry-standard equipment such as Wacom Cintiq
- Explore Photoshop and the Cintiq as tools by setting up files/layers/workflow as well as discuss the functionality of these tools
- Create your own Custom Brushes
- Discuss how tonal value is used in concept art and discover storytelling through the use of light and shadow
- Have a basic understanding of colour
- Use composition to communicate ideas
Announcement coming soon. Stay tuned!