Acting for Film
Study Acting for Film & Television in Vancouver, Canada!
CasAzul’s Acting Program gives you the exclusive opportunity to use your training to gain valuable International experience in a multicultural environment.
VFS offers an intensive one-year Acting for Film & Television program that expands upon your CasAzul training for a career that includes film, television, commercials, voice acting and VFX/performance capture work.
Located in the heart of Vancouver, VFS offers a world-class faculty of industry professionals dedicated to expanding your skills for screens big and small.
A limited number of Acting Scholarships are available now for the most promising talents from CasAzul. If you act quickly, you could be eligible for one of the following scholarships:
• One full scholarship
• Two partial scholarships for 50% each
• Two partial scholarships for $10,000 CAD each
• Two partial scholarships for $6,000 CAD each
These scholarship awards must be applied towards a tuition reduction in the one-year Acting for Film & Television program at VFS on one of the following start dates:
• January 2020
• March 2020
• May 2020
• June 2020
For more details, please contact:
Eilin Vera Moreno
International Admissions Advisor
Vancouver Film School
T. (5255) 5661 3875, (5255) 5661 3397
August 31, 2019
September 13, 2019
Vancouver Film School
Last year, VFS celebrated 30 years of industry-defining and award-winning success. Recognized internationally for its unique and effective education model, VFS offers intensive one-year programs focused on the entertainment and creative arts. Recentlyt ranked as the No. 1 Animation School in Canada, VFS is also ranked No. 2 in the World for programs focused on the entertainment and creative arts. Recently ranked as the No. 1 Animation School in Canada, VFS is also ranked No. 2 in the World.
We encourage you to submit your application immediately.
Please read the following instructions carefully, as incomplete applications will not be processed.
Applications must be completed and submitted online, please complete the form below.
Note: Late submissions or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Grads from CasAzul (in previous 4 years) in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Stage Management
- Bachelor of Acting
- Bachelor of Dramaturgy and Script Writing
Applying is easy but you must:
- Submit a videotaped audition that meets Department standards according to the Content Requirements below:
Upload your audition to vfs.edu/casazul and a video hosting site (YouTube, Vimeo, a personal website, etc.) and then send a link to the school.
Please note that the audition must be specifically created for VFS according to the Content Requirements provided below and must be clearly identified as such.
The tape must be a maximum six minutes in length and must be in the following format:
- State your name on camera
- Demonstrate a contemporary monologue in less than one minute
- Demonstrate a short contemporary scene (applicant should be on camera and the reader off camera) in less than one minute.
- If desired, provide a maximum one-minute demo of a special skill (e.g. singing, dance, physical action, etc.)
- Provide answers to the following questions in a maximum of two minutes:
- Why did you choose your audition pieces?
- How long have you wanted to act?
- Who inspired you to want to pursue an acting career?
- What are your strengths & weaknesses as an actor?
- If you can't be an actor, what would you choose to be?
- All components of the audition must be on one tape – no additional tapes or recorded material will be considered.
- Do not concern yourself with the production quality of the tape.
- Use a simple Digital Camera or handicam to shoot it. No editing is required.
- A completed application form.
- A clear copy of a government-issued photo ID indicating your date of birth and legal name.
- Provide two letters of references from you. One from a teacher or director at CasAzul and another one from anyone that can vouch for your character as long as they are not a family member. (Employer, another teacher, colleague, etc.). The references should include: phone number and alternate phone numbers, e-mail address and relationship to you. Also they should include comments on your creative ability, work ethic, ability to take criticism, ability to work in a team environment, and previous accomplishments.
- Provide an Acting/Training resume including student work.
- Must show transcripts to date indicating pending graduation from the specific program at CasAzul in July (or if CasAzul alumni, full transcript).
- Acceptable proof of your proficiency in English (if English is not your native language), which can include any of the following:
- IELTS Band 6.5 – Academic level
- TOEFL – score of 80 internet-based (iBT), or 550 paper-based (PBT)
- PTE - score of 58 – 64
- TOEIC – score of 785
- FCE Cambridge "First Certificate in English" Level B2
- LPI – Level 5
- Duolingo English test score of 61 or higher
- Transcripts from an English-speaking high school or an accredited English-speaking post-secondary institution.
- The selection of winners will be held by a joint committee composed by two professors of CasAzul and two of Vancouver Film School.
- Winners will be notified on September 13, 2019.
- The committee decision is definite and undisputable.
Vancouver Film School reserves the right to cancel this competition at any time, at its sole discretion, in the event of any administrative conflict or error. Vancouver Film School reserves the right to modify the rules of this contest in any way or at any time as long as reasonable notice is given. This competition is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial, State, and local laws and regulations.
Acceptance of a scholarship allows Vancouver Film School to use your name, photograph or likeness and testimonials in print, broadcast or online media in perpetuity, in any manner in which VFS may deem appropriate in connection with promoting this competition or any other competition or promotion sponsored by VFS, without further compensation.
By participating in this competition, you agree that Vancouver Film School, members of the Selection Committee and those involved in the development, production, implementation and distribution of this competition and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, and agencies and their directors, officers, agents, employees, attorneys, and any other person or entity associated with such entities and/or this compassion (hereafter collectively called the “Sponsors”) are not liable for any claims, damages, losses or injuries, including third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, this competition, including your entry and participation in this competition, the submission of your application package, the evaluation of your application package, acceptance, use or misuse of the scholarship or any injury to you or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading or receiving via return e-mail any part of this competition information.
You further agree that you will not hold Vancouver Film School, their affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, employees, attorneys, and any other person or entity associated with Vancouver Film School liable for any claims, losses, damages or injuries, arising from or relating to their use of your name or address for mailing and any other promotional materials. You also agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries arising from or relating to this competition, you will indemnify Sponsors from any and all such claims, including the attorney’s fees related thereto. Sponsors shall not be liable for applications that are delayed, lost, miss- delivered, marked postage-due, illegible, mutilated, incorrect or incomplete and such entries will not be eligible for this competition.
This scholarship has no cash value.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply. The amount of effort demonstrated in submitting this application tells us that you are dedicated. We wish you the best of luck in pursuing an Acting Scholarship!