Vice President of Education - Position Information
- Shanghai, China
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
The role of Vice President of Education for SHVFS offers a unique opportunity for a cross-cultural experience through a North American/Chinese partnership. Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Education is responsible for providing dynamic and strategic leadership for the implementation of the overall vision, mission and direction of SHVFS. The mandate is to build the finest film/entertainment school in Asia. This position is based in Shanghai, China and requires a multi year commitment. Knowledge of Mandarin is required.
With great entrepreneurial drive, the ideal candidate will be an ambitious and focused builder with international experience. SHVFS was set up to support the Chinese government in cultivating the entertainment arts industry in China. Knowledge, credits and experience working in the entertainment arts industry in North America is required, and will play a vital role in assisting with the cultivation goals. The successful candidate will understand VFS’ educational model and be able to utilize resources effectively to build and deliver this model at SHVFS. As a lifelong educator and a proactive collaborator, the ideal candidate will build strong relationships with stakeholders in order to deliver a world-class education in arts and entertainment, training a new generation of Chinese filmmakers, animators, sound designers, makeup artists, actors, writers, and game designers.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Leadership, management and oversight of SHVFS' long-term and short-term initiatives to support the strategic direction of SHVFS through a thorough understanding of the market.
- Participate at the senior leadership level and advise on overall direction for the organization.
- Ensure the effective delivery of VFS' world-class educational model.
- Day-to-day operational leadership of SHVFS.
- Regular communication with VFS and effective utilization of established resources available to build and develop processes and systems at SHVFS.
- Responsible for growing the student body, developing and rolling out new programs.
- Provide support and oversight to student recruitment and marketing initiatives, ensuring enrollment targets are met and exceeded.
- Budget development and fiscal accountability.
- Encouragement and improvement of teaching and learning through the instructional training and support plan.
- Program review, academic planning and program evaluation.
- Maintain the strong quality and reputation of SHVFS through enhancing the positioning in the market.
- Develop, support and implement a long-term staffing model in coordination with Human Resources at VFS.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and motivate an engaged team of faculty/staff and media arts professionals.
- Provide regular executive reporting to the President of SHVFS, and collaborate directly with the owner and senior leadership team at VFS.
- Promote and support innovation at SHVFS.
- Enrich relationships with industry to support graduates of SHVFS programs.
- Build relationships and provide support to students as they move through their one year intensive programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the President of SHVFS and/or the senior leadership team at VFS.
- MBA, MFA or MEd preferred, with a minimum 10 years of business management in the screen industries and/or educational management experience.
- Post-secondary level teaching experience and a significant record of professional achievement with associated credits in the entertainment arts industry.
- Ability to relocate to Shanghai, China for a minimum of one year.
- Business experience in China and fluency in Mandarin required.
- Familiarity with current technologies and software used in 3D Animation, Film Production, Sound Design and Game Design.
- Familiarity with emergent technologies such as Virtual Reality and Motion Capture.
- Proven ability to lead a team in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A passionate educator with proven experience. Knowledge of the curriculum development process considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with business development and project management.
- Direct experience with project-based learning.
- Experience and knowledge of VFS.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills. Innovator and consensus builder.
- Display sound judgement and be respected as an inspirational and transformational people leader.
- Demonstrated experience with senior level reporting in a dynamic business environment.