Production Crew - Sound Design and Film Production - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of Department and working directly with and in support of the Course Instructor(s) and the Production Coordinator, the Production Crew will provide professional, expert and courteous front line production support to all VFS Film Production students. The Term Production Crew is able to work with small groups of students on term projects. The Production Crew will have a basic understanding of all aspects of Sound Production and Design for Film and Television. The Production Crew is professional, organized, energetic, and is a team player who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
• Attend production meetings conducted by the students.
• Be professional on and off set and execute proper set safety practices.
• Ensuring all sound equipment is cared, used, and stored properly.
• Professional operation of location sound equipment.
• Ensuring and maintaining a high quality of recorded audio, both technically and creatively.
• Complete, accurate, and legible sound reports.
• Ensuring all sound file and reports are transferred to producer/director at the end of the day.
• Assist with troubleshooting technical problems related to sound.
• Participate in location wrap out and clean up.
• Production Crew who work on Term 3 Episodics may be given the option to continue work by editing or mixing.
• A graduate of VFS Sound Design for Visual Media or equivalent training.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated organizational, facilitation, critical thinking and time management skills.
• Team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
• Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.