Admissions Outreach Coordinator - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to Directors of Admissions, the Admissions Outreach Coordinator will build relationships with school counselors and representatives to inform potential students of Vancouver Film School programs through outreach activities such as classroom presentations, high school fairs, and educational information sessions. The goal of Admissions Outreach Coordinator will be to promote VFS programs and increase graduating high school and ESL schools students’ interest in VFS programs.
• Promote VFS program offerings and develop partnership with high school/ESL school representatives.
• Cold call high schools and get in touch with, and maintain a database of whomever is responsible for external school presentations.
• Create and maintain a data base of high school contacts for presentations.
• Work with Marketing department to design Marketing material for outreach activities.
• Deliver professional, informative, and engaging presentation to students.
• Represent VFS and answer inquiries about program offerings, admissions process, and payment options.
• Liaison with high school representatives to book and schedule on-site presentations.
• Collect student consent and information to be entered in CRM system.
• Build professional working relationship with high school representatives and leveraging the relationship for future partnerships.
• Work with the VFS Marketing department to develop appropriate collateral and swag for events.
• Eventually an expectation to be conducting 3 to 4 presentations per week.
• Maintaining existing partnerships with ESL schools through appropriate activities as agreed by supervisors.
• Initiate contact with potential new ESL schools to create pathway agreements in consultation with supervisors.
• Track all communications with stakeholders using VFS customer relationship management software.
• Create and maintain a monthly events calendar in consultation with supervisors.
• Promote VFS program offerings, and other VFS initiatives.
• Create, maintain and track all contact records and communications in VFS’ customer relationship management software.
• Deliver inspiring, informative, and engaging presentations to students, parents and faculty in order to generate leads and enrollments.
• Maintain the VFS brand standard for material and content delivery and/or tradeshow booth setup where applicable.
• Attend tradeshows, provide tours supporting all admissions initiatives and promotions when assigned; ensure information provided to those at tradeshows or on tours is accurate and up-to-date.
• Seek out new outreach opportunities in local region in consultation with supervisors.
• Report bi-monthly to Directors of Admissions.
• Other duties as assigned by the Directors of Admissions.
• High School Diploma with a minimum of two years of experience in public speaking or related experience in marketing, sales, and event planning.
• Proficiency with MS Office, database management and CRM programs.
• Familiar with entertainment and art programs.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and take initiatives.
• Organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
• Requires frequent travel in Lower mainland area and occasionally work weekends.
• Owns a vehicle and valid BC driver license is considered an asset.