Admissions Coordinator - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Directors of Admissions, the Admissions Coordinator is essentially a generalist role in support of the Admissions Advisors, handling new inquiries and assisting accepted students until they have successfully arrived and started. This is a pro-active role whereby the Admissions Coordinator will be examining all areas of enrollment and looking for opportunities where their work could make a difference in bringing individuals to VFS.
The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for providing admission advice and support to all inquiries designated to them, from point of inquiry through to enrollment. Additionally, the Admissions Coordinator will act in support of marketing and promotional needs within the Admission department. The Admissions Coordinator will also assist with incoming students to prepare them for arriving and starting at VFS.
The incumbent will be a self-starter, experienced in sales and marketing. He/she must be highly organized, energetic, an excellent communicator and driven by results. He/she must be detail-oriented and will be responsible for tracking and reporting their results.
• Work closely with the team of Admissions Advisors and Directors of Admissions to cultivate the regions to generate the maximum amount of qualified leads and work the leads effectively to meet and exceed enrollment targets. Ultimately, grow the region to the point where additional Admissions Advisors and Admissions Coordinators are required to meet the inquiry demand.
• Respond to regional inquiries within 72 hours or less, with the goal of responding to 98% of prospects within the first 24 hours. Maintain accurate notes of all communications and conversations in the appropriate VFS CRM and Lemur systems.
• Qualify potential full-time enrollments, via initial discussions, to ensure educational fit, timing and prospects’ ability to afford the total educational investment.
• When required, schedule bookings with qualified prospects with regional Admissions Advisor. Provide prospects with background information about VFS to ensure they are well prepared to have a productive conversation with their Admissions Advisor.
• Continue to follow-up on all leads until they have been given a disposition, and update records regularly in the CRM.
• Set up appointments and coordinate follow-up with VFS ESL testing for applied students, as required.
• Attend high-yield recruiting events (career fairs, open houses, industry tradeshows, etc.), as required to represent VFS and our product.
• Provide campus tours, as required.
• Complete reference checks for all applicants.
• After acceptance, accurately enter student personal data, class data, charges and payments into the appropriate system. Accurately scan and upload file contents related to the application. Generate contracts and associated acceptance documents for regional Admissions Advisor and, if needed, assist with contacting students regarding acceptance.
• Actively manage the list of applied and accepted students to proactively resolve any issues, such as finances, visas and housing. Work with VFS’ Financial Aid Officer, the regional Admissions Advisor and/or the Housing Coordinator accordingly.
• Enlist the assistance of Student Services to provide post-enrollment information, which may include housing options, life in Canada/Vancouver, transportation, insurance, taxes, preparing for classes, etc.
• Develop a relationship of trust with students, utilizing superior customer service skills, including regular interactions to seek out potential problems and provide solutions together with the student, their parents and/or other financially-involved parties.
• Process withdrawal requests, approved by the Manager of Educational Administration, and determine/process refund amounts.
• Follow up on overdue charges until paid, consulting with Admissions Advisors, Directors of Admissions, and/or the Managing Director, if needed.
• Regularly go through cancelled list to see if cancelled students can be re-engaged and re-enrolled.
• Attend Orientation Day to serve as a greeter and to man the various informational booths (payments, study permits, etc.).
• Ensure office area is kept neat and professional for student meetings.
• Inform the Directors of Admissions or Managing Director of any regionally specific events, student/alumni success stories, etc. that can be incorporated into the post-enrollment automatic program communications prospects and pending students receive to keep them motivated.
• Assist VFS with targeting potential students in its database via targeted email and callout campaign blitzes.
• Attend weekly Admissions meetings to review enrollment, maintain a sense of team, and plan activities for achieving enrollment targets.
• Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director, Directors of Admissions, Admissions Advisors, and/or Admissions Supervisor.
• Degree/Diploma in Business Administration with a minimum of two years professional experience in a marketing or sales department.
• Solid understanding and experience in database usage, EXCEL, CRM.
• Goal-oriented with a passion to succeed.
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills with extremely good attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
• Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.