Teaching Assistant - Position Information
- Classical Animation
- Vancouver, Canada
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Program Manager (accountable to the Head of Animation) and working directly with and in support of the Course Instructor(s), the Teaching Assistant will provide professional, expert and courteous front line educational support to all VFS students within the program. The Teaching Assistant is able to work with small groups of students on special projects, help the Course Instructor(s) better know the students, and may assist students in utilizing a variety of instructional resources. The Teaching Assistant will have working knowledge of Classical Animation, compositing, Digital Ink and Paint, and other CA-related skills and software. The Teaching Assistant is highly organized, energetic and is a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment and will provide support to the Program Manager, Instructors, and the Head of Animation.
- Assist and support the Course Instructor(s) in the delivery of course curriculum within the assigned program discipline.
- Attend lectures given by the Course Instructor(s) whom they are assisting.
- Provide general class preparation assistance to Course Instructor(s) including photocopying of course materials and assist with development of course materials when appropriate.
- Assist the Course Instructor(s) with evaluating and marking student assignments based on the Course Instructor’s instructions and the program department’s policies and procedures.
- Act as the liaison between students and Course Instructor(s) and assist students in the classroom and outside of class time.
- Assist and inform students of the procedures for completing and submitting class work.
- Troubleshoot any technical problems students are encountering with specific software and act as a liaison between students and the IT department when required.
- Perform other duties as required by the department requiring the use of Photoshop, In design, AE, Premiere, Flash and Toon Boom Harmony.
- A degree, diploma, certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution or a graduate of VFS Classical Animation program.
- Knowledge of Toon Boom, Photoshop, Premiere, AE, Flash, Digicel Flipbook a definite asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.