Instructor, Writing - Position Information
- Shanghai, China
- # of Positions:
Reporting to the Head of Writing for Film and Television, the Instructor is responsible for delivering North American screenwriting curriculum for one or more genres effectively and providing feedback to students.
- Provide students with instruction based upon North American Screen and Media Industry screenwriting requirements.
- Class attendance and grading.
- Individual guidance of students where appropriate.
- Punctual and conscientious management of classes.
- Collaboration with Head of Department and faculty on progression of courses.
- Collaboration with administration staff on resources and equipment issues.
- Attendance at staff meetings.
- Bilingual in written and spoken Mandarin and English.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree (or equivalent) in a relevant area of study.
- Two or more years experience as a writer in the North American screen and/or media Industries.
- Post Secondary Teaching experience in Writing for the Screen and Media Industries.
- Portfolio demonstrating a high caliber of professional work.
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures and seminars.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.