Part-Time Ambassador, 3D Animation VFX | Classical Animation | Animation Concept Art - Position Information
- Educational Administration
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to VFS’ Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist, the Part-Time Ambassador is responsible for providing motivational and interactive presentations and professional representation for VFS and the Animation and Visual Effects programs. Under the guidance of the CISS, and in collaboration with the Animation department, the Ambassador conveys in-depth program knowledge/experience about the program to high school students, teachers, staff, and to public audiences. Furthermore, the ambassador develops and delivers fun and interactive program information sessions/presentations in BC, across Canada, and potentially overseas.
Working under the supervision of the Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist (CISS) and in consultation with program instructors and staff the Ambassador will:
- Develop compelling/interactive knowledge share sessions from course materials and delivers presentations to student and public audiences.
- Develop innovative material to share exciting/engaging information about Animation and Visual Effects programs, techniques, and industries.
- Guide students on the various solutions dealing with technical problems encountered during creation and implementation of Animation and/or Visual Effects.
- Work closely with the CISS and the Animation & Visual Effects department to ensure class presentations are accurate, up-to-date and communicated to students in a clear and concise manner.
- Present on Animation and/or Visual Effects techniques that are important to 3D Animation & VFX, Classical Animation and Animation Concept Art.
- Respond effectively to participant questions.
- Convey and promote the collaborative nature of the digital environment.
- Take attendance and guide participants where appropriate.
- Be punctual and effective with time management during presentations and/or workshops.
- Collaboration with Head of Department and faculty on progression of sessions/presentations.
- Host all presentation materials in Moodle and meet presentation development deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree (or equivalent) and 1 year industry experience or software certification where applicable.
- Graduate of VFS preferred.
- Demonstrate familiarity and experience with Animation and/or Visual Effects and implementation.
- Experience with teaching and/or working with students is advantageous.
- Ability to lead workshops with experience in public speaking.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.