Accounts Payable Clerk - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for accounts payable reconciliation, processing payments, and maintenance of Accounts Payable files. This position will interest those candidates who enjoy working in a fast paced and evolving environment.
- Sorting, entering, modification, and filing of vendor of invoices.
- Ensuring the correct General Ledger coding and allocation of routine/periodic expenses.
- Verification of the presence of the correct General Ledger coding, approval, and PO for all invoices.
- Understanding corporate signing policy and verifying signing authority.
- Maintenance of new and existing vendor information.
- Ensure compliance to corporate policies (ie. Expense reimbursement, credit cards, travel expenses, petty cash).
- Understanding of sales taxes (ie. GST, PST) and ensuring proper self-assessment, application of ITCs, and remittances.
- Aiding in the investigation and resolution of errors, disputes, and holds relating to invoices.
- Preparation and mailing of weekly cheque runs and manual cheques.
- Set up of wire transfers and EFT payments.
- Maintain an organized and tidy filing system.
- Provide support to other Accounting staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a team environment.
- Must possess clear and effective communication skills and demonstrably good judgment.
- Proficient with MS Excel and excellent numerical and keyboarding skills.
- Experience with any accounting software or ERP is an asset.
- Some banking knowledge is considered an asset.