International Junior Admissions Advisor for Mexico City - Position Information
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Please Note: This position is based in Mexico.
Reporting to the Director of Latin America, the International Junior Admissions Advisor for Mexico City is responsible for planning and implementing services and activities based on enrolment needs of VFS full-time students. The ideal candidates will be experienced in marketing and sales, highly organized, energetic and positive self-starters who thrive in an evolving and fast paced environment. Previous Marketing and Sales experience in the education industry is considered an asset.
Identify and qualify full-time enrollment by ensuring that all inquiries are handled promptly and thoroughly in a professional manner.
Provide detailed information and services to prepare students for life at VFS. Provide expertise to the Admissions Team in regard to information on:
International Relocation Issues (i.e. Student Visa).
Financial Assistance/Student Loans.
City of Vancouver/Canada Overview (i.e. medical, transportation).
Support the timely delivery of Admissions Fees prior to students' start date.
Keep students records up to date regarding incoming status.
Support any VFS and/or student issues (payments, visas, housing, SL approval)
- Collaborate with our Marketing team to develop the appropriate communication tools.
- Support the Director for Latin America to refine business operating systems:
Create policies and procedures that pertain to efficient execution of students needs.
- Take a leadership role in all international sales and student recruitment initiatives/opportunities that arise from or are consistent with the regional business plan.
- Where assigned, conduct an analysis of international student recruiting requirements and recommend to the Director for Latin America a road map for strategic development and implementation.
- Attend weekly Admissions meetings to review enrolment, to build teamwork and to plan activities for achieving enrolment targets.
- Cover other Admissions Advisors' duties in their absence.
- Support Marketing Initiatives and Enrolment Promotions (i.e. scholarship competition).
- Represent VFS at industry functions and events when appropriate.
- Build and manage strategic relationships with a range of agents, partners, and institutions whose students can be successful as VFS students.
- Engage in discussions/negotiations for high potential pathway opportunities (agreements with large agencies, foreign universities, online educators, etc).
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs locally and internationally. Attendance at agent training and student recruitment events overseas.
- Performance against those goals. Establish system of reporting and analytics to monitor key metrics/activities.
- Assist with the development of and monitor quality and frequency of all contact and follow-up for all leads; propose and implement training, and reporting to be able to identify any areas that can be improved.
- Review attrition (withdrawal and dismissal) to minimize occurrences, which can be addressed at the enrolment and admission stage.
- Identify areas where admissions standards are not being upheld; plan and implement training to address these areas to ensure VFS standards are being met and subsequently exceeded.
- Provide reporting to the Director for Latin America that allows senior management to understand trends in the following areas: lead development progression or regression, lead sources, materialization of all major marketing efforts, and other requested specifics.
- Ensure International agents and partners are operating with consistent and standardized business practices.
- Uphold the highest level of customer service and integrity in all situations.
- Utilize Social Channels in a tactical manner to help address short-term communication issues when and where needed.
- Actively engage in consumer and industry blogs, online chats, and review sites to improve the VFS reputation.
- Strategize and recommend optimization of all digital channels, including: SEO, SEM, linking campaigns, and blogs.
- Identify relevant VFS student content that would be appropriate for future marketing activities.
- Manage relevant digital agency and vendor relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director for Latin America and/or the senior leadership team.
- Superior marketing and sales skills, preferably selling an intangible product, at a senior level for a minimum of 5 years. A proven sales track record that can be described numerically.
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or Marketing or Communication.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, capable of transmitting detail-oriented information and reports.
- Creative: To be able to conceptualize, create and implement multi-media content.
- Proven business development experience.
- Previous significant direct supervisory experience in a marketing and sales environment.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in procedures and systems.
- Proven ability to work and manage databases efficiently.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency PowerPoint and MS Office (Word, Excel, OutLook).
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure and exceptional customer service skills are required.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.