International Business Development Specialist for Mexico City - Position Information
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Please Note: This position is based in Mexico.
Reporting to the Director for Latin America, and responsible to the senior management team, this position will assist in the development, communication and implementation of recruitment strategies and action plans to achieve international student enrollment objectives.
- Take a leadership role in all international sales and student recruitment initiatives/opportunities that arise from or are consistent with the regional business plan.
- Monitor progrses related to the VFS enrollment targets and help implement programs ensuring targets are met on a global enrollment, program-by-program and specific start date basis. Identify enrollment opportunities and focus on regularly and systematically pursuing those opportunities.
- Build and manage strategic relationships with a range of agents, partners and institutions whose students can be successful as VFS students.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs locally and internationally. Attendance at agent training and student recruitment events overseas.
- Implement short and long range student recruitment goals as set by the Director for Latin America and/or Managing Director, and conduct analysis and evaluations to measure performance against those goals. Establish system of reporting and analytics to monitor key metrics/activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director for Latin America and/or the senior leadership team.
- Superior sales skills, preferably selling an intangible product, at a senior level for a minimum of 5 years. A proven sales track record that can be described numerically.
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or other business/management degree area.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency PowerPoint and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure and exceptional customer service skills are required.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.