Make-Up Effects Instructor - Position Information
- Shanghai, China
- # of Positions:
Reporting to the Head of Department, the Make-up Effects Instructor will be responsible for the logistics, administration and class delivery of all pertinent classes in terms 2 to 6; out of kit FX, airbrushing, sculpting, molding, fabrication, finishing and applications. The incumbent will be an experienced Make-up Artist/Effects Lab technician who is highly organized, energetic, and is a positive self-starter who thrives in a continually-evolving and fast-paced environment.
- The Make-up Effects Instructor must understand and administer all SHVFS policies and procedures to staff and students at the program level. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Coordinating all curriculum and scheduling with the Department Head and Program Manager.
- Working with the Educational Administration and the Department Head regarding student records such as grades and attendance, and course evaluations.
- Maintaining daily communication with students and faculty, as required in the areas of course scheduling, upcoming events and any class meetings.
- Departmental supervision of all Make-up lab facilities, tools, equipment and class supplies.
- Liaising with the Marketing and Admissions department to ensure accuracy of current programming particulars and assisting with all promotional events.
- Assisting in the development, creation, and distribution of student learning materials as required to support delivery of the curriculum; the production of various media formats including photos, DVDs, videos, and paper copy to be done in concert with the Department Head.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Head of Department.
- 5 to 10 years industry experience on-set and in Make-up Effects Labs; sculpting, molding, fabrication and application with a variety of materials (gelatin, latex, foam latex, bondo, silicone, plastics).
- Broad Knowledge of Makeup Artistry and related products.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational, supervisory, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.