Part-time Innovation Labs TA, Generalist - Position Information
- Other Studies
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
We are seeking graduates from VFS programs to support the Innovation Labs department. Reporting to the VFS Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist (CISS), the Part-Time Innovation Labs Teaching Assistant (TA), Generalist will be responsible for providing workshop delivery support and professional representation for VFS across one or more of the following disciplines: 2D and 3D Animation, Visual Effects, Animation Concept Art, Digital Design, Game Design, and/or Film Production. Under the guidance of the CISS, and in collaboration with the Educational Administration department team, the TA demonstrates and conveys in-depth program knowledge/experience about the workshop to high school and post-secondary students of varying skillsets and backgrounds.
Successful candidates will be added to an on-call list and have the flexibility to attend events as needed.
Working under the supervision of the Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist and in consultation with program/workshop instructors and staff the TA will:
- Lead or assist with check-in and registration of students during workshop delivery dates.
- Take attendance and guide participants where appropriate.
- Guide students with various solutions for technical problems/challenges encountered during creation and implementation of workshop/class outcomes and deliverables.
- Work closely with the lead instructor, CISS and the Education Administration department team to ensure course/workshop outcomes are accurate, up-to-date and communicated to students in a clear and concise manner.
- Present guided-practice activities or classroom demos on applied-media techniques, relevant to one or more of the following disciplines: 2D and 3D Animation, Visual Effects, Animation Concept Art, Digital Design, Game Design, and/or Film Production.
- Respond effectively to student/participant questions.
- Convey and promote the collaborative nature of the digital environment.
- Be punctual and effective with time management during presentations and/or workshops.
- Collaboration with lead instructor, CISS and the Education Administration department team on progression of sessions/presentations.
- Other duties as assigned by lead instructor, CISS, or Educational Administration team members.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree (or equivalent) and 1 year industry experience or software certification (where applicable) in one or more of the following disciplines: 2D and 3D Animation, Visual Effects, Animation Concept Art, Digital Design, Game Design, and/or Film Production.
- Graduate of VFS preferred.
- Demonstrate familiarity and experience with relevant applied media implementations (relevant software, tools, cameras, etc.).
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- This role could include elements or tasks that may be physically demanding, such as lifting promotional materials, bending/reaching overhead, etc.