VFS Ambassador - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
We are seeking VFS graduates of all our programs, located across Canada and all over the world, open to part-time on call positions to represent VFS at promotional events, such as career fairs, open houses, and industry events. This is a great opportunity to share your VFS experience with prospective students in a positive and professional manner, and positively impact future education and career choices.
Under the guidance of VFS Events team, the part-time VFS Ambassador will be responsible for providing professional representation for VFS and its programs. The VFS Ambassador conveys in-depth knowledge about VFS to prospective students, high school teachers, and general public. Furthermore, the VFS Ambassador assists in creating brand awareness and delivers fun and interactive VFS information sessions at various events in the Lower Mainland, across Canada, and internationally.
Successful candidates will be added to an on-call list and have the flexibility to attend events as needed, sometimes with minimal notice. Ability to travel via car to events is required.
- Participate in student outreach and recruitment activities including: career fairs, open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, industry events, etc.
- Conduct interactive knowledge share sessions from promotional materials and deliver presentations to student and public audiences.
- Ensure presentations are accurate, up-to-date and communicated to the audience in a clear and concise manner.
- Respond effectively to participants' questions.
- Be punctual and effective with time management during presentations.
- Flexible schedule to attend events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree (or equivalent) and 1 year industry experience.
- Graduate of VFS strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate familiarity and/or experience with VFS' educational programs and BC postsecondary institutions enrollment criteria.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- This role could include elements or tasks that may be physically demanding, such as lifting promotional materials, assembling and dismantling a promo booth, standing for long periods of time, etc.