Educational Administration Coordinator - Position Information
- Educational Administration
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Vice President of Education and the Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist, the Educational Administration Coordinator supports the day-to-day operations of the Educational Administration department and assists in cultivating relationships and partnerships with top tier organizations (educational and industry) that relate to VFS’ mandate. This position works collaboratively with the Alumni Coordinator, and is responsible for educational room bookings/rentals, as well as the coordination of educational events and programs including international study abroad programs, high school camps, livestream events, workshops and departmental initiatives. The Educational Administration Coordinator will periodically supervise part-time support staff including Teaching Assistants, Ambassadors, and other roles that support educational programs and events. Furthermore, the Educational Administration Coordinator will support and cultivates the development of key partnerships at the secondary school level, in arts and media focused industries/organizations. The ideal candidate will have strong project management skills, events experience, be personable, detail orientated, and will be able to communicate and work effectively on interdepartmental projects and events that involve diverse stakeholders and teams.
Primary rental responsibilities are to:
- Ensure the optimal utilization of VFS campus rooms by coordinating bookings with external industry and alumni.
- Be the primary point of contact for event and room bookings for VFS and provide the highest level of customer service in all dealings.
- Promote discounts for room and space booking for VFS alumni.
- Maximize bookings, grow industry clientele, and revenues from the utilization of VFS space.
- Cultivate top-tier rental clients (e.g., AirBNB, StoryHive, Episodic Series, and Feature Productions).
Primary educational responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with the Alumni Coordinator on alumni initiatives and events.
- Plan and coordinate events for Educational Administration and international teams.
- Supervise part-time teaching assistants, ambassadors, and/or other roles that support educational and event related initiatives.
- Work with the Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist and VP Education to meet educational objectives including seat capacity for camps/workshops and enrollment targets.
- Support the Curriculum and Instructional Support Specialist with instructor recruitment, teaching confirmations, and logistics (e.g., room bookings, flights, accommodations, etc).
- Coordinator event and educational program orientations and registrations and supervise event support staff.
- Cultivate and support educational partnerships with arts/media secondary schools/programs.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assist Student Services with the planning and coordination of student life events (e.g., orientation, academic success, educational pathway events, etc).
- Be the key point of contact to Marketing for all collateral needed for event initiatives.
- As needed, support strategic plan initiatives for the department.
- Provide administration support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP of Education.
- Post-secondary training in Business/Office Administration and/or equivalent administrative experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and Internet.
- Experience with event planning and coordination.
- Experience with Moodle considered an asset but not required.
- Experience using basic office equipment (fax, photocopier, postage machine, etc).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must work well independently and as part of a team.