Housing Coordinator - Position Information
- Educational Administration
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Student Life Advisor, the Housing Coordinator will provide professional, expert, and courteous frontline customer service to all VFS students interested in paying a fee for service for housing placement, all accommodation placements, transportation, and activity/educational event planning.
The successful candidate will possess a strong background in the area of sales/marketing and customer service, be highly organized, capable of working with complex personalities, be energetic and a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced work environment. The Housing Coordinator must also possess the ability to provide services that address the economic capacity of a range of service users, demonstrate empathy, and find solutions regardless of obstacles.
- Provide information on the Metro Vancouver housing market including prices, trends, availability, and all conditions of safety and livability within each neighborhood.
- Process student housing applications (including related fees) and respond to housing inquiries in a timely manner (within 24 hours).
- Establish, maintain and continuously develop a directory of VFS-approved accommodations, including photos and descriptions of each accommodation.
- Develop and share resources that relate to the cost of housing, best practices for finding housing, roommates, etc.
- For accommodation, liaise with parents and landlords to ensure that VFS is represented professionally and that landlords, parents, and students are worked with to match students' needs with the best situation possible.
- Perform visual inspections of all accommodations that VFS is recommending to its students; ensure that all represented are legitimate and without encumbrances of any kind.
- Regularly communicate with property managers/ housing developers in order to maintain a current and accurate list of affordable housing/rental properties, continuously develop the list of accommodation providers.
- For all accommodations that VFS recommends to its students, liaise with landlords or management companies to ensure that any/all repairs to the accommodations are done in a timely manner.
- Handle all transactions with professionalism, and confidentiality, mitigating any potential financial loss between all parties involved including landlords, management companies, students, and VFS. Liaise with VFS Accounting to ensure all outlined Accounting procedures are dutifully followed.
- Mediate landlord complaints and/or student complaints while ensuring confidentiality and mitigating any situation which would result in liability issues for VFS.
- Follow up with the student after they have moved in to their accommodation and assist with any information throughout their period of studies at VFS.
- Any other duties assigned by the Student Life Advisor.
- Post-secondary education or university degree with a minimum of two years formal training in business office skills or post-secondary courses in Business Administration with an emphasis in sales.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service and sales.
- Proficiency with MS Office, word processing, advanced database management and spreadsheet programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Second language an asset.
- Class 5 BC Driver's License an asset.
- Office work and site visits.