Director, International Admissions and Business Development - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Vancouver Film School programs focus on industries that use moving images, graphics, sound and text as fundamental components for communication, information and story. VFS programs regularly and continually evolve in response to the current industry methodology, technology and need. VFS offers world recognized, full-time, one-year programs in Film Production, 3D Animation and Visual Effects, Classical Animation, Animation Concept Art, Sound Design, Writing, Acting, Makeup Design, Digital Design, Game Design, Foundation Visual Art and Design, and Programming for Games, Web and Mobile. These one-year programs are intensive, focused on the field of study and immerse students in industry-like settings and situations in order to best prepare them for work in their chosen field.
VFS is accepting applications for the position of Director, International Admissions and Business Development.
VFS Admissions structure divides the world into three regions: Canada/US, Latin America, and the Rest of the World. We are seeking this position to oversee the Rest of the World region (outside of Latin America, Canada and the US). VFS admissions offices in this region are currently located in:
Reporting to the Managing Director, and a member of the senior leadership team, this position will lead the development, communication and implementation of recruitment strategies and action plans, including business development opportunities, to achieve international student enrollment objectives in the respective regions. The incumbent is responsible for identifying new international student growth initiatives, and the development and implementation of strategic, operational and business development plans.
This position will provide leadership, motivation, training, and supervision for staff working in an Admissions and Admissions support capacity internationally. In consultation with the senior leadership team, the Director, International Admissions and Business Development will improve the quality and quantity of the student body with a focus on improving VFS’ standing in the international marketplace, while enhancing the Institution’s presence and reputation. This will be achieved through the monitoring and analysis of sales and business development activities and the subsequent development and implementation of a coordinated sales and business development strategy.
- Take a leadership role in all international sales and student recruitment initiatives and opportunities that arise from or are consistent with VFS' strategic goals.
- Be a driving force in nurturing the work ethic, culture and core values embodied by VFS and through personal example, lead the style and approach, which will characterize the Company's dealings with the marketplace.
- Ensure the development and coordination of the sales selling cycle and methodology.
- Establish and implement short and long range student recruitment goals, and conduct analysis and evaluations to measure performance against those goals.
- Improve the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results to ensure the planned and continued growth of the business.
- Conduct an analysis of international student recruiting requirements and recommend to the senior leadership team a road map for strategic development and implementation. Implement, train and monitor as approved.
- Research, propose, and, with approval, implement business development initiatives that increase VFS' presence in the marketplace, including new opportunities for partnerships with academic institutions.
- Develop and nurture key relationships with strategic partners in the marketplace, including key business opportunities for VFS.
- Analyze and evaluate all current international admissions procedures from initial lead acquisition to post-enrollment support. Propose and implement steps for improvement on a constant basis always obtaining buy-in from all participants.
- Assist with the development of and monitor quality and frequency of all contact and follow-up for all leads; propose and implement training, and reporting to be able to identify any areas that can be improved. Provide metrics or KPI's to the senior leadership team of assessment and supplement where required with support and training.
- Monitor progress related to the VFS enrollment budget and help implement programs ensuring budget is met on a global enrollment, program-by-program and specific start date basis. Identify enrollment opportunities and assist in focusing the international team in regularly and systematically pursuing those opportunities.
- Provide reporting that allows the senior leadership team to understand trends in the following areas: lead development progression or regression, lead sources, materialization of all major marketing efforts, and other requested specifics.
- Ensure International Advisors and Agents are operating with consistent and standardized business practices.
- Work with Human Resources to interview, recommend hires, and ensure training occurs for all staff, including supporting staffing initiatives for new international business development opportunities.
- Work with Educational Administration to support curriculum and resources for new business development opportunities and initiatives.
- Uphold the highest level of customer service and integrity in all situations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director, President, and/or senior leadership team.
- Superior sales skills, preferably selling an intangible product, at a senior level for a minimum of 5 years. A proven sales track record that can be described numerically.
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or other business/management degree area. MBA preferred.
- Previous experience in a global leadership position in a post-secondary educational institution preferred.
- Previous significant direct supervisory experience in a sales environment.
- Ability to travel and operate globally in the respective regions.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in procedures and systems.
- Proven ability to work and manage databases efficiently.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure and exceptional customer service skills are required.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.