Guest Services Supervisor - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager and Special Projects Lead, the Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and providing concierge-like assistance to all students, staff and visitors at all VFS locations.
The Guest Services Supervisor will act as a guide and service provider ensuring the first point of physical contact for all who enter VFS is an overwhelmingly positive one. This supervisory position provides high level administrative support by conducting research, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging and scheduling meetings.This individual will also oversee the operation of the Guest Services office including the hiring and training of its staff.
- Access control for all buildings.
- Assist contractors and clients through our many campuses.
- Orchestrate proper fire and emergency procedures for staff and students.
- Disburse and track all keys and access cards to staff, students and guests.
- Monitor video surveillance.
- Monitor fire and building alarms.
- Attend problem situations in the campuses and call security to attend if necessary.
- Provide initial contact to individuals entering VFS campuses for authorization.
- Be the face of VFS, provide excellent customer skills; make an effort to know people around the school so to recognize faces.
- Provide first aid when necessary.
- Ensure the safety of staff, students, and guests entering and exiting VFS campuses.
- Interact with guests in a friendly and professional manner and lead staff with an energetic and enthusiastic approach.
- Prepare records and reports, such as recommendations for solutions of any problems.
- Assist senior managers in office tasks.
- Analyze operating practices and procedures to revise existing methods or create new ones.
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise and review all Guest Services staff.
- Create weekly/monthly schedules for Guest Services team representative in accordance with the schools daily operations, including special events.
- Ensure that the staffing is organized in an efficient manner to reduce labour costs.
- Must be willing to undertake occasional overtime on short notice as well as be on-call outside of regular business hours to manage and/or troubleshoot operational or security issues.
- Oversee and be a member of the health and safety committee in regards to the health and safety of employees at all VFS campuses.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager and Special Projects Lead.
- First Aid training.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Understanding of emergency procedures.
- Experience handling challenging or possibly confrontational situations.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to use Excel, Powerpoint, Word, database programs and other business software.
- Supervisory skills and previous experience in the security industry an asset.