Payroll and Human Resources Administrator - Position Information
- Human Resources
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
You are an intermediate HR and payroll professional looking to advance your career to the next level by spearheading the implementation of a new HRIS across the organization. You will be joining a stellar human resources team, nominated as Finalists in 2017 for Canadian HR Team of the Year. You are ready to take on any HR challenge, but above all, deliver real results. You are a solid communicator with a positive demeanor, even when faced with challenges in administering payroll and rolling out a new HRIS.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, with oversight from the Director of Human Resources, the Payroll and Human Resources Administrator will plan, implement, and roll out our new HRIS. To this end, the successful candidate will have a background in payroll, HR administration, and the process of implementing a new HRIS. This position will work closely with the Finance Department.
This demanding role relies on your attention to every detail and your ability to work in a high pressure environment while collaborating closely with numerous stakeholders. Being a solid communicator with good judgment and a positive outlook is essential to success and will take you far in your role at VFS. You must be able to anticipate the needs and challenges that come with implementing a new HRIS, while maintaining payroll for the organization of 450 plus employees. In addition, you have the ability and experience to streamline HR administrative processes to maximize efficiencies within the HR team.
- Process semi-monthly payroll and benefits for over 450 hourly and salaried employees using in-house software including process current and retroactive pay adjustments, severances, vacation/time off requests, manual cheques and payroll advances, garnishments and benefit deduction amounts.
- Respond to all payroll and time-off inquiries; making corrections and adjustments as needed.
- Respond to requests for wage and salary information from WorkSafe BC and HRDC and 3rd parties.
- Annual T4 / T4A slips and summaries development and submission.
- Administrative support including: Maintaining employment status changes digitally and physically, filing, posting job advertisements.
- Oversee Health and Safety committee.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with HRIS / payroll software provider.
- Issue employment verification letters and Record of Employment.
- Conduct and facilitate orientations, round-tables, stay interviews, and exit interviews.
- Assist with recruitment efforts across the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory (federal / provincial) requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager and/or Director of Human Resources.
- Minimum one years experience processing payroll.
- Post-secondary education, PCP designation, and certification in Human Resources or related field is highly desired and will be looked upon favorably.
- Experience with Dayforce HCM is an advantage.
- Ability to solve problems independently and under pressure.
- Knowledge of payroll legislation, CRA requirements, and BCESA is necessary.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for accuracy, attention to detail, and thoroughness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative.