Admissions Specialist - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Admissions Supervisor and the Directors of Admissions, the Admissions Specialist is responsible for receiving all phone, email, fax, mail, and in-person inquiries about VFS programs. The mandate of the Admissions Specialist position is to ensure that all inquiries are handled in an efficient, cheerful, and professional manner; to disseminate information as needed and to field calls to appropriate staff members.
- Maximize enrollment by ensuring all inquiries are handled promptly and thoroughly.
- Receive all incoming phone calls in a courteous and professional manner within three rings and communicate basic program information, campus locations, and staff responsibilities.
- Transfer calls to applicable employee as appropriate.
- Receive all other inquiries (in person, fax, email, letter) and respond within one day of receipt.
- Prepare and distribute information packages within one day of request.
- Monitor the use of office supplies and coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Prepare and coordinate courier requests and ensure requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Admissions Coordinators with uploading student file documents and ensure they are named and organized correctly.
- Receive appointments for Admissions and Administrative staff in a professional manner.
- Book, confirm, and receive prospective students for information sessions in a professional manner.
- Increased filing responsibilities and ensure files are filed in a timely manner.
- Assist with all Admissions filing.
- Support the Financial Aid Officer weekly in the maintenance of Student Aid BC and when the Financial Aid Officer is away from the office.
- Full-cycle outreach to all students who are applying or currently on student loans. Provide coverage when Customer Service Specialist/Receptionist is away or on break.
- Provide support to the Mexico Admissions when needed with payments and file management.
- Assist with projects or other duties as assigned by the Admissions Supervisor and/or Directors of Admissions or other administrative departments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized, efficient, and friendly.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and database experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience using basic office equipment (fax, photocopier, postage machine, etc.).
- Must work well independently and as part of a team.
- Reception and or sales experience and knowledge of Vancouver Film School and related industries.