On-Call Front of House Staff - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Front of House and Events Supervisor, the On-Call Front of House Staff’s responsibilities will include maintaining a high level of customer service and beverage preparation, keeping the Cafe clean and organized, as well as setting up and taking down of events both in the Cafe and around VFS campuses.
- Take orders from customers and accurately handle cash and daily cash reconciliations.
- Prepare hot beverages upon request.
- Serve food and beverages to customers.
- Comply with Serving It Right guidelines when serving customers beer and wine.
- Upholding cleanliness of Cafe.
- Maintain compliance of standard operating procedures.
- Accurate record keeping and safeguarding of liquor inventory.
- Provide exceptional customer service in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Front of House & Events Supervisor.
- Serving It Right Certification required.
- Must be at least 19 years old.
- Positive energy and eagerness to learn.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with sales transactions such as credit card, debit, taxes, and cash.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Food Safe Certification is an asset.