Desktop Technician - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Desktop Technician will be responsible for providing VFS with a wide knowledge base and experience in technical support for both Windows and Mac based computers. The suitable candidate will have extensive experience in creating images, troubleshooting hardware and installing and or troubleshooting software applications for both PC and Mac based operating systems. The incumbent will provide excellent quality assurance before all deployments, documenting and communicating his or her workflow accordingly. This individual will have a wide exposure to many different types of hardware and software, making them an ideal candidate for working in a cutting edge educational environment, focusing on entertainment media. The successful candidate will be organized, energetic and a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast paced environment.
- You are expected to communicate and become actively involved in all areas of desktop support with your team members; therefore the ability to communicate and articulate the day to day challenges effectively is an absolute requirement.
- You will provide professional, well-mannered and reliable desktop support for all staff and students.
- You have advanced experience in PC and or Mac imaging and deployment. Must have a good understanding and workflow - QA - for creating gold images.
- You will be responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining both hardware and software, working closely with your team members to help solve the day to day challenges.
- Strong cable management, inventory and asset management experience is required.
- You will communicate effectively with stakeholders from all departments on a regular basis to help establish processes, identify needs and accommodate IT related requests for all new term intakes.
- You will work with the System Network Administrators as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the IT Manager.
- In-depth understanding of both Mac and Windows based operating systems.
- Experience with imaging and management software solutions - Ghost, KACE
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, both hardware and software.
- A diploma, degree, certificate in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Minimum of three years of experience with Mac OSX, MS Windows, MS Office, and hardware support.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to different situations.
- Excellent written and oral communications as well as strong organizational and multitasking skills with an ability to work well as a team player.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.