Vice President of Deputy - Position Information
- Shanghai, China
- # of Positions:
The role of Executive Vice President for SHVFS offers a unique opportunity for a cross-cultural experience through a North American/Chinese partnership. Reporting to the Steering Committee and/or its appointees and working alongside the VP of Education, the Vice President of Deputy is responsible for developing and implementing strategies that enhance SHVFS image, influence and engagement on a local, national and international level. As a Vice President for one of the finest film/entertainment school in Asia, this strategic visionary will lead the building and maintaining of a strong organizational reputation and drive strategy. This position is based in Shanghai, China and requires a Chinese national willing to commit to a minimum of two years.
With superior connections in private industry and government, the ideal candidate will be an ambitious and focused image builder and business/partnership developer. SHVFS was set up to support the Chinese government in cultivating the entertainment arts industry in China. Knowledge, credits and experience working in the entertainment arts industry is considered an asset, and will play a vital role in assisting with the cultivation goals. The successful candidate will understand the mandate of SHVFS and provide operational oversight for the finance and administrative departments. In addition, the incumbent will build strong relationships with stakeholders in order to support the delivery of a world-class education in arts and entertainment, training a new generation of Chinese filmmakers, animators, sound designers, makeup artists, actors, writers, and game designers.
Please note that applications must be submitted in English.
- Under the leadership of the Steering Committee and/or its appointees, and working in collaboration with the VP of Education, advance and implement an integrated strategic plan to increase SHVFS brand identity; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities, and increase visibility across key stakeholder audiences.
- Responsible for building a fully integrated financial and marketing growth plan for SHVFS. Experience with production industries/government essential for success.
- Participate at the senior leadership level and advise on overall direction for the organization.
- Ensure the effective operational and financial delivery of SHVFS.
- Cultivate significant business relationships on a local, national and international level to enhance the image, influence and engagement of SHVFS.
- Working in coordination with the VP of Education, provide support and oversight to student recruitment and marketing initiatives, ensuring enrollment targets are met and exceeded.
- Budget development and fiscal accountability.
- Maintain the strong quality and reputation of SHVFS through enhancing the positioning in the market.
- Provide regular executive reporting to the Steering Committee and/or its appointees, and collaborate directly with the owner and senior leadership team at VFS.
- Promote and support innovation at SHVFS.
- Support the VP of Education to enrich relationships with industry to support graduates of SHVFS programs.
- Build relationships and provide support to students as they move through their one year intensive programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Steering Committee and/or its appointees at SHVFS.
- MBA, MFA or MEd preferred, with a minimum 10 years of business management in the production industries or government.
- This position is only open to Chinese nationals.
- Demonstrated significant business and leadership experience on a local, national and international level is required.
- Ability to cultivate relationships and funding sources through private industry and government a requirement.
- Project management and financial management experience required.
- Strong relationship with Shanghai University considered an asset.
- The ideal candidate has familiarity with current technologies and software used in all programs offered at SHVFS, including familiarity with emergent technologies such as Virtual Reality and Motion Capture.
- Proven ability to lead a team in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Direct experience with project-based learning.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills. Innovator and consensus builder.
- Display sound judgement and be respected as an inspirational and transformational people leader.
- Demonstrated experience with senior level reporting in a dynamic business environment.