Post Production Instructor, Film Production - Position Information
- Shanghai, China
- # of Positions:
Reporting to the Head of Film Production, the Instructor is responsible for delivering curriculum effectively and providing feedback to students.
- Provide students with instruction based upon existing curriculum.
- Class attendance and grading.
- Individual guidance of students where appropriate.
- Punctual and conscientious management of classes.
- Collaboration with Head of Department and faculty on progression of courses.
- Collaboration with administration staff on resources and equipment issues.
- Make sure that the Post delivery and outcome deadlines are met.
- Attendance at staff meetings (once every two months).
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree (or equivalent) and/or 5 years industry experience or software certification where applicable.
- Expertise in non linear editing.
- Working knowledge and experience as a Post Producer for Film.
- Demo reel (or films) demonstrating a high caliber of professional work.
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures and seminars.
- Ability to design and follow Post Production workflows based on existing infrastructure and needs.
- High proficiency in the following software:
- AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
- ADOBE PREMIERE
- RESOLVE DA VINCI
- Broad knowledge in compositing (AfterFX) and VFX.
- Broad knowledge in sound post production for film.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.