International Business Development Officer, South India - Position Information
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Manager - Admissions and Business Development for India and oversight from the Director, International Admissions and Business Development, this position will assist in the development, communication and implementation of recruitment strategies and action plans to achieve international student enrollment objectives in South India. The International Business Development Officer will improve the quality and quantity of the student body with a focus on improving VFS’ standing in the international marketplace, while enhancing the Institution’s presence and reputation. This position is responsible for identifying new international student growth initiatives, and the implementation of strategic and operational plans. The incumbent will be a role model and provide mentorship for staff working in an Admissions and Admissions support capacity internationally and set appropriate examples by providing high quality customer service to all constituents. They will be responsible for the management of external partners and will ensure all activities and relationships are consistent with VFS standards and values, and exceed regulatory compliance thresholds.
The incumbent will be a self-starter, experienced in sales and marketing. He or she must be highly organized, energetic, an excellent communicator and driven by results. He or she must be detail oriented and will be responsible for tracking and reporting their results.
Please note: this position will be based in Mumbai and will require frequent travel to South India.
- Take a leadership role in all international sales and student recruitment initiatives/opportunities that arise from or are consistent with the regional business plan.
- Be a driving force in the establishment of VFS.
- Where assigned, conduct an analysis of international student recruiting requirements and recommend to the Manager, Admissions and Business Development for India and the Director, International Admissions and Business Development a road map for strategic development and implementation.
- Monitor progress related to the VFS enrollment targets and help implement programs ensuring targets are met on a global enrollment, program-by-program and specific start date basis. Identify enrollment opportunities and focus on regularly and systematically pursuing those opportunities.
- Build and manage strategic relationships with a range of agents, partners and institutions whose students can be successful as VFS students.
- Engage in discussions/negotiations for high potential pathway opportunities (agreements with large agencies, foreign universities, online educators, etc.).
- Responsible for establishing relationships with partner schools/universities.
- Where assigned, deliver comprehensive and targeted training programs for international admission staff, key agents, and related stakeholders. Ensure the development and coordination of the sales selling cycle and methodology.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs locally and internationally. Attendance at agent training and student recruitment events overseas.
- Implement short- and long-range student recruitment goals as set by the Manager, Admissions and Business Development for India and Director, International Admissions and Business Development and/or Managing Director, and conduct analysis and evaluations to measure performance against those goals.
- Assist with the development of and monitor quality and frequency of all contact and follow-up for all leads; propose and implement training, and reporting to be able to identify any areas that can be improved.
- Review attrition (withdrawal and dismissal) to minimize occurrences, which can be addressed at the enrolment and admission stage.
- Identify areas where admissions standards are not being upheld; plan and implement training to address these areas to ensure VFS standards are being met and subsequently exceeded.
- Provide reporting to the Manager, Admissions and Business Development for India and oversight from the Director, International Admissions and Business Development that allows senior management to understand trends in enrollment.
- Ensure International agents and partners are operating with consistent and standardized business practices.
- Uphold the highest level of customer service and integrity in all situations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Admissions and Business Development for India and oversight from the Director, International Admissions and Business Development.
- Superior sales skills, preferably selling an intangible product, at a senior level for a minimum of 5 years. A proven sales track record that can be described numerically.
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or other business management degree area.
- Living in Mumbai, India with frequent travels to South India and legally authorized to work in India.
- Fluent in English.
- Proven business development experience.
- Previous significant direct supervisory experience in a sales environment.
- Ability to travel in the region.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in procedures and systems.
- Proven ability to work and manage databases efficiently.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency PowerPoint and MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure and exceptional customer service skills are required.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.