Cafe and Events Supervisor - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Cafe and Events Supervisor will be responsible for the exceptional delivery of services at the VFS Cafe and special events.
- Oversee a team of Cafe and Events Staff, including scheduling of shifts and training.
- Provide exceptional customer service in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Organize logistics for VFS events such as graduation parties, sketch comedy, and other special events in conjunction with the Events Staff.
- Create an ambience in the VFS Café where students and staff would want to spend their time and money.
- Serving customers and barista drinks.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the VFS Café and compliance with all food safe regulations.
- Source appealing food, drink and liquor for resale.
- Safeguarding of assets, inventory controls and accurate record keeping.
- Inventorying and safeguarding.
- Putting in Purchase Orders.
- Ensuring liquor licensing standards are maintained.
- Maintain catering/events calendar.
- Ensure supplies are in stock or ordered ??" liquor, non-alcoholic drinks, linen, disposables.
- Picking up of various supplies within walking distance.
- Arrange delivery and pickup of supplies to various campuses.
- Check in and out supplies/drinks.
- Send event costing for VFS events to Accounting.
- Invoice for external events.
- Arrange for repairs and maintenance ??" internal and external facilities.
- Maintain VFS Café signage.
- Promote events and the Café via signage and social media.
- Coordinate private and student bookings for events and filming.
- Various ad-hoc purchases as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Supervisory experience in food services or restaurant industry.
- Excellent customer service skill is mandatory.
- Being a creative thinker is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Experience with sales transactions and daily cash reconciliations.
- Food Safe Certificate (required) and Serving It Right Certificate (required).
- A valid Driver??™s License is an asset.