Desktop Technician - Apple OSX and Audio - Position Information
- Information Technology + Systems
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Desktop Technician - Apple OSX and Audio will be responsible for providing VFS with a wide knowledge base and experience in technical support for both PCs and Macs. There is a 30-70 split with an emphasis on Mac OSX. The suitable candidate will have extensive experience in creating images, troubleshooting hardware, and installing and/or troubleshooting software applications for both PC and Mac-based operating systems. The incumbent will provide quality assurance before all deployments, documenting, and communicating his/her workflow accordingly to the respective department. This individual will have wide exposure to many different types of hardware and software, making them an ideal candidate for working in a cutting edge educational environment, focusing on entertainment media. The successful candidate will be organized, energetic, and a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast paced environment.
The Ideal Candidate best suited for this position will have a substantial amount of experience and knowledge with the following specific Software:
Avid Pro Tools 10 and up, Avid Plug-ins, Waves Plug-ins and licensing, other various RTAS + AAX plug-ins, iLok License Management, Euphonix EuControl drivers, Unity 4-5, Wwise, FMOD Designer, Max MSP, Komplete Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Unreal/UDK, Ghost Imaging, Deploy Studio Imaging.
- You are expected to communicate and become actively involved in all areas of desktop support with your team members; therefore, the ability to communicate and articulate the day to day challenges effectively is an absolute requirement.
- You will provide professional, well-mannered reliable support for all staff and students.
- You have advanced experience in PC/Mac imaging and deployment; must have a good understanding and workflow (QA) for creating stable images based on school curriculum.
- You will be responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining both hardware and software, working closely with your team members to help solve the day-to-day challenges.
- Strong cable management, inventory, and asset management experience is required.
- You will communicate effectively with employees from all departments on a regular basis to help establish processes, identify needs, and accommodate IT-related requests for all new term intakes.
- You will work with the System and Network Administrators as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of IT.
- In-depth understanding of both Mac and Windows based operating systems.
- Experience with imaging/management software solutions - Ghost, KACE, Deploy Studio, Casper.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, both hardware and software.
- A diploma, degree, certificate in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Minimum of three years of experience with Mac OSX, MS Windows, MS Office, and hardware support.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to different situations.
- Excellent written and oral communications as well as strong organizational and multitasking skills with an ability to work well as a team player.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.