Receptionist/Customer Service Specialist - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Admissions Supervisor and the Directors of Admissions, the Receptionist/Customer Service Specialist is responsible for receiving all phone, email, fax, mail, and in-person inquiries about VFS programs. The mandate of the Receptionist/Customer Service Specialist position is to ensure that all inquiries are handled in an efficient, cheerful, and professional manner; to disseminate information as needed and to field calls to appropriate staff members.
- Maximize enrollment by ensuring all inquiries are handled promptly and thoroughly.
- Receive all incoming phone calls in a courteous and professional manner within three rings and communicate basic program information, campus locations, and staff responsibilities.
- Transfer calls to applicable employee as appropriate.
- Receive all other inquiries (in person, fax, email, letter) and respond within one day of receipt.
- Prepare and distribute information packages within one day of request.
- Monitor the use of office supplies and coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Prepare and coordinate courier requests and ensure requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Admissions Coordinators with uploading student file documents and ensure they are named and organized correctly.
- Receive appointments for Admissions and Administrative staff in a professional manner.
- Book, confirm, and receive prospective students for information sessions in a professional manner.
- Provide administrative support to the Admissions department, which involves: inputting and uploading of student applications, filing, maintaining notes in Lemur/CRM.
- Provide administrative support to the Manager of Educational Administration, which involves: printing of attendance records and final transcripts, regular filing, and archiving of completed student files.
- Assist with projects as assigned by the Admissions Supervisor and/or Directors of Admissions or other administrative departments.
- A minimum of one year of office experience or equivalent administrative experience.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organized, efficient, and friendly.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Proficiency with MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook), database management, and the internet.
- Experience using basic office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
- Highly organized and flexible team player with efficient skills in time management.
- Self-motivated to both work independently with minimal supervision and within a team across various departments.
- Prioritizes daily tasks and works well under pressure.
- Represents Vancouver Film School's vision, mission, and values by maintaining professional courtesy and a positive demeanor while maintaining student discretion and confidentiality.