Instructor, Innovation Design - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of Foundation Visual Art and Design the Innovation Design Instructor is the educational leader in the classroom and will ensure that the school???,?s curricula is implemented in a way that maximizes student-learning experiences. The Innovation Design Instructor plans, organizes and implements an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Consistent with the guidelines of the Foundation Visual Art and Design program, the Innovation Design Instructor will work within an established framework for the delivery of educational services which support the program. Working collaboratively with a team of educational professionals, the Innovation Design Instructor will demonstrate a strong commitment to planning for improvement in support of student achievement.
- Deliver results-focused instruction to students.
- Takes attendance. Assigns, monitors and grades activities, homework and exams.
- Punctual and conscientious management of classes.
- Maintains classroom order and supports students; providing individual guidance and referring students to Program Administration when appropriate.
- Collaboration with Head of Foundation Visual Art & Design on planning and updating curriculum and progression of course when necessary.
- Keeps up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and makes relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Expert knowledge and experience in Brand Development and User Experience Design.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven mentorship/leadership track record.
- Portfolio demonstrating a high caliber of professional work and corresponding design experience.
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures, and seminars.
- Ability to recognize individual learning styles and the characteristics of learners.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Moodle.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an M.F.A. or M.A. degree and individuals with previous college or private post-secondary instructional experience.