Guest Services Representative - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Guest Services Supervisor, the Guest Services Representative will function as a customer service provider and a campus emergency liaison. Primary duties involve monitoring building entrances, greeting visitors, and acting as the first responder for all emergencies involving facilities, visitors, students, and staff. The successful candidate will have a background in customer service and/or security, and either have or be willing to obtain an OFA Level 1 certification.
Please Note: This is a part-time position for weekend and afternoon shifts.
- Monitor building entrances.
- Greet staff and students as they enter and exit the buildings.
- Provide access to and guide contractors and clients through our many campuses.
- Orchestrate proper fire and emergency procedures for staff and students.
- Disburse and track all keys and access cards to staff, students, and guests.
- Monitor video surveillance.
- Monitor fire and building alarms.
- Attend problem situations in the campuses and call security to attend if necessary.
- Provide initial contact to individuals entering VFS campuses for authorization.
- Be the face of VFS, provide excellent customer service; make an effort to know people around the school so to recognize faces.
- Provide first aid when necessary.
- Ensure the safety of staff, students, and guests entering and exiting VFS campuses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- OFA Level 2 certification. Will consider candidates with OFA level 1 certification.
- Understanding of emergency procedures.
- Experience handling challenging or possibly confrontational situations.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach who works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- BST training with previous experience in Security considered an asset.
- Second language also considered an asset.