Instructor, Career Prep - Position Information
- 3D Animation + Visual Effects
- Vancouver, Canada
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of Animation & Visual Effects, the Instructor,Career Prep is responsible for delivering curriculum effectively and providing feedback to students.
- Working from a course syllabus, develop lesson plans detailing what will be taught and how the course material will be delivered.
- In consultation with other staff, develop innovative mechanisms to prepare students to enter the workforce and apply for positions.
- Work closely with the Head of Animation & Visual Effects to ensure class curriculum is accurate, up-to-date, and communicated to students in a clear and concise manner.
- Instruct and guide students on portfolio and resume preparation.
- Provide students with guidance in effective networking and job search techniques.
- Instruct, practice, and provide guidelines to assist students with the interview, job offer, and negotiation process.
- Class attendance and grading.
- Individual guidance of students where appropriate.
- Punctual and conscientious management of classes.
- Collaboration with the Head of Animation & Visual Effects and faculty on progression of courses.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Animation & Visual Effects.
- Relevant post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree and a minimum 3 years of industry experience or a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in appropriate area of HR or employment.
- Demonstrable familiarity and experience with resume preparation, job hunting, and interviews.
- Experience working with and teaching students is advantageous.
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures, and seminars.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.