Accounting Assistant - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Please note this is a part-time position expected to work 24 hours per week with the opportunity to scale up dependent on projects and business needs.
Reporting to Controller with oversight from the Account Payable Clerk, the Accounting Assistant provides Accounts Payable and clerical support to the Accounting and Finance department. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail orientated, personable, and able to communicate and coordinate with individuals from various other departments and organizations. This position is ideal for an accounting student looking to get into a growing industry, or for a more experienced candidate desiring a more flexible schedule.
- Assisting Accounts Payable Clerk
- Assisting in monitoring of shared payables inbox, responding to inquiries as required, and printing of invoices.
- Filing vendor invoices.
- Providing coverage for the printing and mailing of cheques as required.
- Vouching receipts to credit card statements and expense reimbursement.
- Entering and reconciling payments.
- Occasional bank and currency runs.
- Coverage for various other routine departmental tasks in the event of sickness or vacation.
- One-off projects as assigned by Director of Finance.
- Any additional duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with the rest of the MS Office suite.
- Experience using basic office equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with vendors and other departments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must work well independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with Sage 300 or any ERP is considered an asset.
- Any accounting educational background or experience is considered an asset.