Admissions Coordinator - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Directors of Admissions, the Admissions Coordinator is essentially a generalist role in support of the Admissions Advisors, handling new inquiries and assisting accepted students until they have successfully arrived and started. This is a pro-active role whereby the Admissions Coordinator will be examining all areas of enrollment and looking for opportunities where their work could make a difference in bringing individuals to VFS.
The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for providing admission advice and support to all inquiries designated to them, from point of inquiry through to enrollment. Additionally, the Admissions Coordinator will act in support of marketing and promotional needs within the Admission department. The Admissions Coordinator will also assist with incoming students to prepare them for arriving and starting at VFS.
The incumbent will be a self-starter, experienced in sales and marketing. He/she must be highly organized, energetic, an excellent communicator and driven by results. He/she must be detail-oriented and will be responsible for tracking and reporting their results.
- Maximize enrollment by ensuring all inquiries are handled promptly and thoroughly.
- Receive all incoming phone calls in a courteous and professional manner within three rings and communicate basic program information, campus locations, and staff responsibilities.
- Transfer calls to applicable employee as appropriate.
- Receive all other inquiries (in person, fax, email, letter) and respond within one day of receipt.
- Prepare and distribute information packages within one day of request.
- Monitor the use of office supplies and coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Prepare and coordinate courier requests and ensure requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Admissions Coordinators with uploading student file documents and ensure they are named and organized correctly.
- Receive appointments for Admissions and Administrative staff in a professional manner.
- Book, confirm, and receive prospective students for information sessions in a professional manner.
- Increased filing responsibilities and ensure files are filed in a timely manner.
- Assist with all Admissions filing.
- Support the Financial Aid Officer weekly in the maintenance of Student Aid BC and when the Financial Aid Officer is away from the office.
- Full-cycle outreach to all students who are applying or currently on student loans.
- Provide coverage when Customer Service Specialist/Receptionist is away or on break.
- Provide support to the Mexico Admissions when needed with payments and file management.
- Assist with projects or other duties as assigned by the Admissions Supervisor and/or Directors of Admissions or other administrative departments.
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration with a minimum of two years professional experience in a marketing or sales department.
- Solid understanding and experience in database usage, EXCEL, CRM.
- Goal-oriented with a passion to succeed.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with extremely good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.