Production Crew - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of Department for Foundation Visual Art and Design and working directly with Course Instructor(s) and Program Administration, Production Crew will provide professional, expert and courteous front line production support to all VFS Foundation
- Be professional on and off set and execute proper set safety practices.
- Lead by example with a focus on supporting student learning at all times.
- Ensuring all VFS equipment is cared for, used, and stored properly.
- Supporting students in completing paperwork and administrative responsibilities including location wrap-out and clean-up.
- When requested, supervise the set to ensure VFS protocols and safety standards are upheld. Production Crew members need to be prepared to step into any role in an emergency to ensure production moves forward. Production Crew members must relay important information and seek input from instructors while on set.
- Assist with troubleshooting technical problems on set.
- Other duties when required.
- A graduate of VFS Foundation Visual Art and Design or equivalent training.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational, facilitation, critical thinking and time management skills.
- Team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.