Visual Designer - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Creative Director and the Director of Marketing, the Visual Designer will be responsible for developing creative for print and digital projects.
The Visual Designer must:
- Have a sharp sense of design and are passionate about your work.
- Be self-motivated.
- Excel at personal time management.
- Value communication.
- Be reliable and do what it takes to meet deadlines.
- Be able to take direction from others.
- Be open minded and enjoy a challenge.
- Be able to work independently and as a team.
- Enjoy a fast paced environment.
- Be a creative problem solver.
- Be fluent in the Adobe Suite programs
- Develop concepts to final production files for various print and digital materials including:
- campaign collateral, Google display ads, social media, internal communication collateral, PowerPoint presentations, digital and print advertisements, email and video graphics.
- Meet all brand, timing, budget and other project objectives for digital and print design requests.
- Demonstrated experience with User Experience and User Interaction.
- Self-manage project responsibilities and timelines.
- Keeps up to date with design/tech trends and ever-evolving social tools.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions for various projects to ensure an integrated concept is executed.
- Communicating with and prepare artwork files to be sent to printers, vendors and agency partners.
- Maintain a consistent brand tone and graphic standard across all materials.
- Maintain up-to-date proficiency in professional design applications and technology related to all aspects of digital and print design and printing.
- Other duties as assigned by the Creative Director and the Director of Marketing.
- Degree or diploma in graphic design, motion design, digital media, web design or other relevant experience.
- Have an online portfolio of work demonstrating successful visual/graphic design solutions, in print and digital.
- Superior knowledge of industry design software and tools including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc.). After Effects an asset.
- Has experience with project tracking software and messaging/proofing apps. Such as Monday.com or Slack.
- Commanding knowledge of social media platforms and channels.
- Excellent knowledge of graphic design principles, digital design principles and web standards.
- Understanding of responsive website design best practices.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint.
- Experience working with content management systems an asset. i.e. Bridge.
- Motion design and video editing considered a strong asset.
- Photography and illustration skills to augment design skills are an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and work calmly under pressure.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.