Associate Admissions Advisor - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Associate Admissions Advisor is essentially a generalist role that is self-supporting and exists to fulfill needs in the admissions team that are not being met by Admissions Advisors and their Admissions Coordinators. This is a pro-active role whereby the Associate Admissions Advisor will be examining all areas of enrollment and looking for opportunities where their work could make a difference in bringing individuals to VFS. The Associate Admissions Advisor is primarily responsible for providing admission advice and support to all inquiries designated to them, from point of inquiry through to enrollment. Additionally, the Associate Admissions Advisor will act in support of marketing and promotional needs, local tradeshows, tours, etc.
The incumbent will be a self-starter, experienced in sales and marketing. They must be highly organized, energetic, an excellent communicator and driven by results. They must be detail-oriented and will be responsible for tracking and reporting their results.
- Increase enrollment number by ensuring assigned admission inquiries are handled promptly in a professional manner.
- Advise individuals on VFS program offerings and payment plans.
- Review enrollment cancelation list to re-engage and enroll students on a regular basis.
- Identify and provide additional support to individuals in the initial enrollment stage.
- Accurately identify individuals that require in-depth consultation from Admissions Advisors and referring the individuals to the appropriate Admissions Advisor.
- Consult and prepare student for life in Vancouver as VFS student, by providing information to potential students on Relocation issues (e.g. Student Visa), Housing solutions, financial assistance/student loans programs, and City of Vancouver (ie. medical, transportation system).
- Support individuals in timely payment of Admission Fees prior, by keeping student incoming status record up-to-date and providing resolution to student issues.
- Support Admissions Advisors to refine business operating systems and processes.
- Represent VFS in the industry, by attending industry tradeshows, providing student tours, supporting admissions initiatives and promotions when assigned.
- Ensure information provided at tradeshows or on tours is accurate and up to date.
- Provide temporary coverage to Admissions Advisors' during their absence.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Admissions Supervisor and Directors of Admissions.
- Diploma in Business Administration or similar with a minimum of 3 years of sales and customer service experience.
- Ability to meet and exceed established sales targets.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to travel locally and be flexible in working hours to attend tradeshows and industry events.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Background in fine arts/entertainment is an asset.