Senior Financial Aid Supervisor - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Directors of Admissions. The Senior Financial Aid Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of student financials ensuring that all expected tuition and other student fees are dutifully and forthrightly collected and received. This proactive position involves managing an extensive portfolio and therefore it is critical to ensure that this revenue is effectively resourced, planned, recorded, communicated and collected.
- Supervise and support the Financial Aid Officer, and provide critical financial aid expertise.
- Understand all sources of funding including provincial and federal student loans, U.S Sallie Mae loans, bank lines of credit, CSN Swedish Loans and other domestic and international funding sources.
- Meeting and working with students and their parents to ensure all parties are informed of the application process as well as the responsibilities involved with taking a student loan.
- Maintain and improve relations by being proactive with key financial aid partners. Continuously look to strengthen financial aid options for all students.
- Handling of advanced TRRs and, with the support of the Admissions Supervisor, train and oversee cancellation and withdrawal process within Admissions.
- Work in tandem with Educational Administration to track, follow up and collect overdue tuition of current students.
- Ensure all admissions staff understand and are able to clearly articulate all details pertaining to all various funding sources. Provide required information or training where necessary.
- Liaise with Student Services to ensure all new students coming to VFS receive appropriate levels of support.
- Implementation and processing of regular key reports for Admissions. Provide recommendations based off reports to the Directors of Admissions.
- Support and assist with projects and other duties as assigned by the Directors of Admissions.
- Support the Admissions Supervisor when needed.
- The above support includes: Signing and approving applications, changing status' in Lemur, enter billing dates, ensure and maintain class balances.
- Looking for ways to improve the financial aid workflow and be pro-active with efficient solutions.
- Handling and tracking students that are returning to VFS after taking a leave of absence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Directors of Admissions.
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or a minimum of five years professional experience in an education administration or admissions department.
- Thorough understanding of the Admissions job duties and work-flow.
- Financial Aid experience.
- Ability to meet and exceed established expected cash flow targets.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Solid understanding and experience in database usage, EXCEL, CRM's.
- Goal-oriented with a passion to succeed, flexible and works well under pressure.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with extremely good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, highly organized.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.