Events Assistant (Causal) - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Ever wondered what it’s like to be behind the scenes at an award-winning entertainment arts school? Now is your chance to be part of dynamic team organizing events for future students and industry partners! Reporting to the Events & Experience Manager, the Events Assistant is responsible for assisting in the implementation and execution of in-house events and special events held across our various Gastown campuses. Event Assistants are crucial to the smooth running of events and creating positive experiences for all event guests. You’ll be joining a pool of casual staff working on a variety of exciting events throughout the year, if you’re looking to develop your event management skills, or already have experience and looking to diversify - this is the role for you! We will host an orientation for all new staff and pre-event briefings will be provided each time.
- Set up and cleanup of event facilities. A variety of manual task including: unloading, set-up, breakdown and packing up of event equipment.
- Greeting guests upon arrival.
- Managing event registrations using various platforms like Eventbrite Organiser.
- Liaising with deliverers, caterers, clients and other event staff before, during, and after each event.
- Ensuring smooth front of house and back of house function during events.
- Some heavy lifting required.
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of event spaces as required.
- Managing equipment during events.
- Provide exceptional customer service in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Adhering to event safety standards.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned by the Events & Experience Manager.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Friendly demeanor and excellent verbal communication.
- Positive energy and eagerness to learn.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt under pressure.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to follow guidelines and instructions, but also able to take initiative and solve problems on the spot.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and be able to lift more than 20lbs.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends (rarely, but on occassion during the day Mon-Fri).