Accounting Assistant - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Looking to further your accounting experience? Our finance team at VFS has a great opportunity to gain hands on experience and learn from a supportive and results oriented team. If you enjoy working with numbers, have strong attention to detail, and love problem solving, please hit apply! We look forward from hearing from you!
The Accounting Assistant will report to the Director of Finance and support the VFS Accounting team to process and deliver high volume financial transactions. If you are looking for a part time role working 16 hours per week, this role is for you!
Our ideal candidate will be doing the following:
- Data entry:
- Maintain corporate credit card records including email distribution of transactions, collection of reports and backup, coding and data entry of expense classification forms.
- Assist with coding and data entry of expense reimbursement and petty cash claims forms.
- Organize and compliance:
- Ensure compliance to corporate policies (ie. Expense reimbursement, credit cards, travel expenses, petty cash).
- Maintain an organized and tidy filing system.
- Be a team player:
- Take initiative and learn Accounting practices.
- Provide support to other Accounting team members.
- Take on other duties as assigned.
- Prior work experience as an accounting assistant or accounts payable clerk or education in accounting or bookkeeping.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a team environment.
- Must possess clear and effective communication skills and demonstrate good judgment.
- Proficient with MS Excel and excellent numerical and computer skills.
- Experience with any accounting software or ERP is an asset.