Intermediate Web Developer, Business Applications - Position Information
- Information Technology + Systems
- Vancouver, Canada
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Intermediate Web Developer will be responsible for contributing to the development, support and maintenance of all VFS websites, microsites, internal systems, and web services. The incumbent will be an experienced web developer familiar with both front and back end development. This individual will be highly organized, energetic and a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
Please Note: This is a 2 to 3 months full-time contract position.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain standard compliant, scalable websites, responsive web applications, using the latest web technologies.
- Develop and grow the infrastructure of our intranet web systems.
- Maintain and grow internal systems/processes that include but are not limited to our CRM, ERP, e-learning platform, etc.
- Support end users with technical issues and bugs, determine and implement bug fixes in systems.
- Building website features for new and ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Develop engaging interactive components using a variety of technologies that push the envelope of innovation.
- Keeping current with new applicable software, technology, and trends.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of IT.
- Post-secondary education or university degree in a related discipline along with a minimum of two years of professional experience in web design and development.
- Understanding of PHP, server-side frameworks and other back-end technologies.
- Knowledge of relational database design and SQL.
- Experience with CodeIgniter or other MVC frameworks.
- Experience with cross-browser development including responsive.
- Excellent QA skills with knowledge of JSLint, Unit Testing, or similar automated tests.
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative along with time management skills.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image with excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Experience with Drupal or similar CMS.
- Experience with Moodle learning platform.
- Understanding of Object Oriented design and development principals.
- Understanding of the LAMP and/or WIMP development environment.
- Experience with SCM systems like Git, Subversion, Mercurial, or Perforce.
- Experience creating an entire W3C compliant web site from written requirements and mockups.
- Knowledge and understanding of usability principles and user-centered design.