Program Coordinator - Position Information
- Digital Design
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of Curriculum and Program Development and working directly with and in support of the Program Manager - Digital Design and VR/AR, the Program Coordinator will provide professional, expert, and courteous front-line customer service to all VFS students, faculty, and staff within VFS’ Program Departments. The incumbent will have some office experience, is highly organized, energetic, and is a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment. The incumbent will also have an interest in Motion, Graphic & Interactive Design, and virtual and augmented reality applications.
- Act as the liaison between students and staff during office hours and assist students with their inquiries.
- Provide class attendance sheets to instructors, and forward completed attendance sheets to the Educational Administration Department for student record maintenance.
- Assist the Program Manager - Digital Design with preparation of full-time classes or part-time classes each term and assist with orientation of new students to the program including, but not limited to, use of CELCAT (scheduling) software.
- Coordinate graduation proceedings including: tickets, posters, grad night certificates, usher preparation, post-graduation documentation, biographies and film synopsis and distribute class reels to graduating students of the program.
- Assist the department with submitting student work to festivals and industry.
- Perform general clerical duties, including but not limited to answering telephone calls, performing departmental-related errands, providing clerical assistance to the Program Manager, Program Leads in DD and VR/AR, and Instructors; photocopying, word processing, and maintenance of electronic and hard copy of student files.
- Maintain the department's student bulletin board. Take minutes of faculty, staff, and student meetings when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned and related to the efficient operation of the department.
- Grade 12 supplemented with a minimum of six months of formal training in business office skills or post-secondary courses in Business Administration.
- Proficiency with MS Office, word processing, advanced database management, and spreadsheet programs.
- Basic IT troubleshooting skills - software and hardware.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Unity and Unreal Engine an asset, not required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Genuine interest in learning more about the Digital Design Industry.