Instructor, Math for Programmers - Position Information
- Game Design
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
This position reports directly to the Head of School of Creative Technologies and will be responsible for developing and delivering curriculum effectively and providing feedback to students.
- Working from a course syllabus, adapt lesson plans detailing what will be taught and how the course material will be delivered.
- In consultation with other staff, develop innovative techniques to teach students about the many facets of Math for Programmers.
- Work closely with the Head of School of Creative Technologies to ensure class curriculum is accurate, up-to-date and communicated to students in a clear and concise manner.
- Instruct students on Math techniques that are important to programmers.
- Provide students with guidance on issues relating to Math for Programmers.
- Instruct students on the various problems encountered with Math for Programmers.
- Provide students with regular feedback.
- Other duties as assigned by Head of School of Creative Technologies.
- Fluent in C# and/or C++, post-secondary education in math and/or physics.
- Relevant degree/diploma or equivalent work experience in an appropriate Programming driven discipline.
- Demonstrable familiarity and experience with Game and/or App development.
- A minimum of one accredited published game or app title and/or 2 years of industry experience in an appropriate area of development.
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures and seminars.
- Experience working with and teaching students is advantageous.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.