Project Manager - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Creative Director, Head of Marketing, the Project Manager role is both a leading and supportive position, and is integral to the smooth operation of the Marketing Department. The Project Manager is responsible for resourcing staff and managing project budget and deadlines.
- Receive and manage all internal Marketing requests, scheduling and ensuring timely delivery of completed projects.
- Handle all creative services-related administrative tasks, including scheduling, invoicing and ordering.
- Work with outside vendors, including media, agency, clothing, merchandise and print vendors, to coordinate the cost, requirements and delivery of projects, sometimes researching multiple options to ensure the best product and price.
- Maintaining urgent program marketing initiative status.
- Working closely with Admissions in regards to CRM lead quality.
- Work with executive stakeholders to understand key requirements and support the creation of project plans, creative briefs and resource plans.
- Participate in creative brainstorms and stakeholder meetings.
- Identify and develop contingency plans and facilitate risk management activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Creative Director, Head of Marketing.
- 3 plus years' experience working in a creative environment.
- Expert at influencing rather than demanding results.
- Understanding and training in project management methodologies including Monday.com.
- Experience in using design related tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Understanding of Microsoft Dynamics CRM system an asset.
- Ability to work as part of a creative and results-oriented team.
- Self-starter: Ability to work well independently as well as with a team.
- Problem-solver: Ability to think outside the box to provide new and innovative solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and attitude.
- An understanding of marketing, analytic, content systems and processes - CMS, CRM, SEO, CRO
- Exceptional task management skills with a respect for timelines and deadlines.
- A solid understanding of the creative process and requirements for success.