High School Outreach Coordinator - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Directors of Admissions. The High School Outreach Coordinator will develop and manage relationships, in a defined territory, with High School Principals, Teachers, and Career Counselors to schedule and deliver presentations, demonstrations, and/or workshops (Modules) for students, parents and faculty to be held at VFS or on location at high schools. In addition, the High School Outreach Coordinator will promote VFS’ Excellence in Media Scholarship Series available to high schools and identify, schedule, and attend high school related events such as career fairs, and educational information sessions. The goal of the High School Outreach Coordinator will be to create strong awareness of and promote VFS programs with the intent of increasing leads and enrollments from High School students.
- Initiate first contact with High School's and/or be introduced to existing relationships to create High School profile and identify the appropriate contact to schedule VFS activities.
- Deliver presentations outside of High schools as well, including colleges and VFS info session events at various venues across Canada.
- Travel estimated to be quite heavy at some points (could be upwards of 50% to 70% of work time) Primarily within BC and Alberta but could include other provinces within Canada or Neighboring states with the U.S.
- Track all communications with stakeholders using VFS customer relationship management software.
- Schedule and attend a minimum of six (6) Modules per calendar year per High School to be held at VFS or on location. The expectation is to deliver at least 4 modules a week.
- Promote VFS program offerings, Excellence in Media Scholarship Series, and other VFS initiatives.
- Create, maintain and track all contact records and communications in VFS' customer relationship management software.
- Deliver inspiring, informative, and engaging presentations to students, parents and faculty in order to generate leads and enrollments.
- Maintain the VFS brand standard for material and content delivery and/or tradeshow booth setup where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by the Directors of Admissions.
- Diploma or Degree in Education or Business Administration with a minimum of two years of sales, marketing and/or promotional experience.
- Experience in film & television, event planning is an asset.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience with CRM (Microsoft, Salesforce) is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines are required.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Requires frequent travel in Lower mainland area and occasionally work weekends.
- Owns a vehicle and valid BC driver license is required.