Program Coordinator, Digital Design and VR/AR Programs - Position Information
- Digital Design
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Are you passionate about Emerging Tech/Interactive Applications and interested in supporting students in achieving their goals? Reporting to the Head of Curriculum and Program Development and working directly with and in support of the Program Manager - Digital Design and VR/AR, we are seeking a new Program Coordinator!
We are looking for someone who has office experience, is nerdy, techy, creative and highly organized, and a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
We’d love to hear from you! If you are interested, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations directly on our website and we will be accepting applications on a rolling basis.
- Act as the liaison between students and staff during office hours and assist students with their inquiries.
- Assist the Program Manager - Digital Design and VR/AR with preparation of full-time classes or part-time classes each term and assist with orientation of new students to the program including, but not limited to, use of CELCAT (scheduling) software.
- Coordinate graduation proceedings including: slide decks, posters, grad night certificates, usher preparation, post-graduation documentation, biographies and film synopsis and distribute class reels to graduating students of the program.
- Assist the department with submitting student work to festivals and industry.
- Facilitate and curate relevant experiences and tools as requested by students and instructors
- Perform general clerical duties, including but not limited to answering telephone calls, performing departmental-related errands, providing clerical assistance to the Program Manager, Program Leads in DD and VR/AR, and Instructors.
- Monitor Attendance reports.
- Maintain the department's physical (bulletin boards on campus) and digital student showcases (project websites).
- Take minutes of faculty, staff, and student meetings when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned and related to the efficient operation of the department.
- Grade 12 supplemented with a minimum of six months of formal training in business office skills or post-secondary courses in Business Administration.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Basic hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Unity and Unreal Engine an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Genuine interest in learning more about Creative, Design and Emerging Tech Industries.