Digital Designer (Motion/Video) - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- Full Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
The Digital Designer (Motion/Video) will be responsible for the creation and production of digital/video content for Vancouver Film School marketing and internal communications needs. The Digital Designer will play a role in all areas of creative design including digital design, motion design and video editing/filmmaking.
The Digital Designer must:
-Have a sharp sense of design and are passionate about your work.
-Excel at personal time management.
-Be reliable and do what it takes to meet deadlines.
-Be able to take direction.
-Be open minded and enjoy a challenge.
-Be able to work independently and as a team.
-Enjoy a fast paced environment.
-Be a creative problem solver.
-Be fluent in the Adobe Suite programs
- Develop production from concept to final export files for various video and digital materials such as:
- Program spotlight videos, testimonials videos, year end showreel, social media content, internal communication collateral, online digital advertisements, emailer assets, etc
- Meet all brand, timing, budget and other project objectives for video and digital design requests.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions for various projects, implement changes to ensure an integrated concept is executed.
- Build compelling video titles, 2D animation graphics packages (lower thirds, title cards, CTAs, etc.)
- Assist with requesting/returning video equipment, camera and lighting setup.
- Color correcting and audio mixing.
- Independently schedule and track your work to manage deadlines.
- Contribute to the evolution of the brand identity of video and digital design production.
- Troubleshoot creative and technical problems under tight deadlines.
- Keep up to date with design/tech trends, applications and technology related to aspects of digital design and video editing.
- Other duties as assigned by the Creative Director and/or Director of Marketing.
- Related degree or diploma, and 1-2 years of proven experience in digital design and video editing with an in-house creative team.
- Proficient in Adobe Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, VPN, Media Encoder and After Effects.
- Edit audio tracks and sfx.
- Graphic design experience is an asset.
- Social media content creation experience.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Others would describe you as being outgoing and positive.