International Admissions Coordinator (13 Month Contract) - Position Information
- Vancouver, Canada
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Director, International Admissions and Business Development, the International Admissions Coordinator is essentially a generalist role in support of the International Admissions Advisors & Specialists, handling new inquiries and assisting accepted students, maintaining current local agent networks, agent onboarding and processing commission payments. This is a pro-active role whereby the International Admissions Coordinator will be examining all areas of recruitment and enrollment and looking for opportunities where their work could make a difference in bringing individuals to VFS. This position will focus on supporting all global VFS International Admissions offices, and requires a candidate who is fluent in the following languages: English and Korean or Japanese.
The International Admissions Coordinator is responsible for providing admission advice and support to all inquiries designated to them, from point of inquiry through to enrollment. Additionally, the International Admissions Coordinator will act in support of marketing and promotional needs within the International Strategy and Business Development department. The International Admissions Coordinator will also assist with incoming students to prepare them for arriving and starting at VFS.
This role is a 13-month contract to cover a mat leave. The incumbent will be a self-starter, experienced in sales and marketing. they must be highly organized, energetic, an excellent communicator and driven by results. They must be detail-oriented and will be responsible for tracking and reporting their results.
- Work closely with the team of global International Admissions Advisors and Specialists to cultivate the regions to generate the maximum amount of qualified leads and work the leads effectively to meet and exceed enrollment targets.
- Maintain accurate notes of all communications and conversations in the appropriate VFS CRM and Lemur systems.
- When required, schedule bookings with qualified prospects with regional International Admissions Advisors/Specialists and Senior Admissions Advisors.
- Provide prospects with background information about VFS to ensure they are well prepared to have a productive conversation with their Advisor/Specialist.
- Continue to follow-up on all leads until they have been given a disposition, and update records regularly in the CRM.
- Provide campus tours and help manage international events, as required.
- Actively maintain agent & ESL school relationships and provide trainings to ensure most updated information is delivered to agent & ESL school channels to increase inquiries for VFS and programs.
- Being a contact person with agent and school inquiry and respond within 24 hours for follow ups.
- Keep accurate track of students referred by agents/ESL schools within the database, CRM and student tracker to ensure invoice will be received at proper time and commission payment will be made on schedule.
- Follow department procedure for approval and take responsibilities to communicate with supervisor on any conflicts and potential issues when occurs.
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration with a minimum of two years professional experience in a marketing or sales department.
- Fluency in verbal and written Korean or Japanese is manadatory.
- Solid understanding and experience in database usage, Excel, CRM's.
- Goal-oriented with a passion to succeed.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with extremely good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.