Sound Design Career Advisor - Position Information
- Sound Design
- Vancouver, Canada
- Part Time
- # of Positions:
Work at VFS
There is no such thing as an ordinary day when you work at Vancouver Film School. It’s a creative and fast-paced environment where you’re part of recruiting and educating the next generation of actors, filmmakers, video game developers and creative thinkers. Our unique culture is all about celebrating the pure passion and unwavering perseverance of our students as they go through their own amazing personal journeys towards a career in the entertainment arts. Constantly evolving and updating to meet industry demands, VFS believes results matter, and that extends from our classrooms and experienced faculty to our hard-working marketing, admissions, and support departments — and well beyond. If you’d like to join our team, simply browse the open positions below. If none of them seem to fit your particular skillsets, but you think you belong at VFS, apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of Department and the Senior Instructor, the Career Advisor is responsible for counselling and guiding students through their career search.
- Meet with current students as required
- Interface with employer network and coordinate the student placement process
- Perform administrative duties required to fulfill the position's requirements
- Support students by helping with resume building, mock interviews, and overall professional development
- Performs numerous administrative duties to assist the Head of Sound Design department
- Communicates regarding any concerns addressed to the Head of Sound Design department, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Conduct career advisement sessions for current students, recent graduates and alumni.
- Respond to student questions pertaining to career development, exploration and placement procedures
- Educate students on job search skills and industry trends in order to get them prepared for employment.
- Guide each graduate on effective career search process.
- Conduct student trainings for personal and professional developments.
- Help students in resume preparation, interview skills, and job search strategies.
- Assist students in career placement activities.
- Help guide prospective learners through their education options based on their individual career ambitions
- Design and deliver presentations to groups of prospective learners and applicants
- Maintain a strong understanding of current academic programs and global employment trends.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite
- Expertise with writing resumes and cover letters
- Knowledge of contracts and licensing would be considered an assert
- Post Secondary Credentials Required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a related role
- Experience with an international audience is essential
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential for this job
- Strong command of various technology tools including CRMs and digital marketing
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures and seminars.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.